ImPACT Baseline Concussion Testing (U11 – U19)*:
The Banner Concussion Center administers the ImPACT (Immediate Post concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) test. The ImPACT test is a widely used neurocognitive test that measures multiple aspects of cognitive function including attention span, working memory, sustained and selective attention time, response variability, non-verbal problem solving and reaction time. This is a test that is used widely by the NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS and most NCAA Division I institutions.
ImPACT Concussion Testing is used to measure one’s ability to recognize, remember and react to words and pictures. It is an objective measure of memory and reaction time. The results provide a fingerprint of sorts to illustrate how the brain functions in a non-concussed state. ImPACT Concussion Testing is accomplished through a thirty (30) minute interactive and individual computerized test. Testing is monitored by a professional who has undergone training in the administration of the test. Please reference the PDF: ImPACT Information for Parents. Video – Click Here
*The ImPACT test only has normative data appropriate for ages 10 and up, so therefore it is not advisable that this test is administered to children below the age of 10.
- ImPACT Baseline Concussion Testing (U11 – U19) will be held on Saturday, August 20, 2016, in one (1) hour prescheduled time blocks, from 9:00am – 4:00pm. Testing will begin at the top of the hour.
- The cost for this test is $15.00 per player / sibling.
Letter to Parents About ImPACT Testing at Scottsdale Soccer:
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Players that participate in the ImPACT Baseline Concussion Testing must have a parent or guardian sign the Banner Consent Form for ImPACT Testing - CLICK HERE and bring it with them to the testing location. Please have the signed Consent Form completed for each player before you arrive for testing.
- The first part of the ImPACT Baseline Concussion Test asks demographic and medical history questions that many kids do not know the answer to. Please fill out the Demographic Questionnaire for the ImPACT Test - CLICK HERE, before arrival for testing, so the kids can use it as a “cheat sheet” to answer those questions on their test.
- Bring a check, written out to Banner Concussion Center, or cash for the ImPACT Baseline Concussion Testing Fee of $15.00 per player / sibling. Please bring the exact amount of your Testing Fee(s) as we will NOT have change available or the ability to accept credit cards.
- Players should arrive at least 15 minutes early to organize and be available for their scheduled testing appointment. Testing will begin at the top of the hour. Players should be reminded that this test should be taken seriously and in a calm state of mind. Please address any testing questions or concerns to the Banner Concussion Center staff to insure proper results.
Thank you for your participation and continued support of Scottsdale Soccer and our portfolio of programs!