What is TOPSoccer?
TOPSoccer (The Outreach Program for Soccer) is a community based program that is designed to meet the needs of children and young adults that have physical and / or intellectual disabilities. The program is geared towards player development rather than towards competition. The program is designed to bring the opportunity of learning and playing soccer to anyone aged 5 and older who has a mental or physical disability.
The basis of TOPSoccer is a modified version of the game of soccer, specifically altered to allow full participation and enjoyment for each athlete. Phoenix Rising FC Youth Soccer – West Valley offers the TOPSoccer Program in our West Valley Branch.
What are the Program’s Benefits?
1. Development of motor skills and improved physical fitness.
2. Promotes social skills by teaching teamwork and cooperation.
3. Provides safe participation and fair play.
4. Develops positive self-concepts through experiences in discipline, initiative, and achievement, which encourage children to fully realize their potential.
5. To have FUN!
Who is Eligible for TOPSoccer?
Any player aged 5 and older having a physical or mental disability that limits their ability to perform at the level of play they have chosen to participate. Emphasis of this program is on development, training, and providing meaningful participation rather than on competition.
How is TOPSoccer Similar to Typical Soccer Programs?
1. Players are coached
3. Rewarding to everyone who participates
What Day: Sundays
Dates: See the most current posted flyer
Time: See the most current posted flyer
Location: See the most current posted flyer
Initial Parent Meeting: You will be contacted
For additional information and your Registration Packet, please contact: email@example.com.